Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cricut Chipboard cuts for Embossing




I've been playing with my two favorite bugs, my cricut and my cuttlebug. I cut some chipboard shapes and used them to emboss. I really want the new Owl Cuttlebug folder, but guess what, I made my own so now I can buy something else instead. Here is a picture of the card I made. The owl and flourish are cuts from Storybook Cart. I then took pictures of the process using the back of a cereal box , since this more readily available and there is not guessing as to the thickness . The paper for embossing used is Stampin Up Whisper White, I suggest you use a smooth paper . This is the recipe from bottom up.

A plate
B plate,
Spellbinder's tan embossing mat
cardstock ( whisper white by Stampin up... is what I used )
chipboard cut.... this following example was done with cereal box
2 pieces of cereal box board for shim...I just folded a large piece
B plate

run through 2 times..in your cuttlebug







Back of embossing


Front







13 comments:

Pinklady50 said...

This is awesome! That owl card is so cute. Love how you make your own embossing folders--I need to try that. Opens up so many possibilities! TFS!

Magoo said...

ohhhhhh, I agree, the POSSIBILITIES!! I don't have a tan mat...is there anything else I could use? Just wondering...I would love to try this! :) Thanks for sharing with us NILDA!!! :) HUGS!

CathyC said...

love the card!
thanks for the hints & tips - another thing on my list of new things to try!

Nilda Rockenbach said...

Magoo... try a mouse pad.. has the same thickness. let us know if it works for you.

Anonymous said...

Nilda, I'm wondering if I could use one of the plumber's mats in place of the tan mat? Any idea? - Ldybg93

Anonymous said...

Nilda, this is awesome! I am using this technique on my TCS card! Even with the enormous selection of folders that I have, I just couldn't find the perfect one... so, I'll make my own!

Rosy said...

have always loved your work Nilda I have left an award on my blog for you come & pick it up x Rosy

Denise said...

Your work is so beautiful! I'm a new follower, please stop by my blog to pick up your award!

Brenda said...

OMGOSH!!!! Nilda thank you so much for showing this!!!
hugs
Brenda

Stampin' Diva said...

Such a great idea!!! Love it.

Cindy said...

Oh My! What a great idea! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm so giving this a try. My box of raisin bran is almost gone.

creations said...

Thank you for the detail that really save lol TFS

Anonymous said...

Did you see you can use Fiskar embossing plates in your Cuttlebug. I am going to buy all of them.:)

Best Wishes. Slim Card

 Last year I discovered new stamps and die from Diamond Press. I just love the ease of use of their stamps and dies. I love the variety and...