Thursday, February 3, 2011

Flowers for Daddy

Hello. Today I wanted to share a layout I completed for the Cricut Circle weekly challenge. I was looking through a box of pictures and found these. I love the moment that it captured. My son is now 12... can't believe how fast times flies.

About the layout : The weekly challenge was to use the original carts that came with the cricut machine or the Gypsy so I decided to use  Plantin Schoolbook for the font and Gypsy Wanderings for the flowers, butterfly, scroll, and journal tag. I really enjoyed this layout because having 3 boys, I don't always get a chance to use pink and flowers:).













I-Rock for flower centers
Stampin up ink on flowers
Imaginesce Lucy Bird
Bazzill Cardstock




**********************************************************************

Tip on placing non-welded titles on your page (some of you may know this already but I thought I would share)

  1. place removable tape over your words
  2. lift and turn over to apply adhesive 
  3. place on your page 
  4. lift tape off 





5 comments:

EricaQ said...

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know. That's so helpful.

Scrapperdee said...

OMG - that makes so much sense...duh! TFS!

DonnaMundinger said...

What a sweet layout, Nilda! How time flies! Great tip for the letters. Never would have though of that! You're so smart! xxD

Kim H said...

I came over to compliment you on your tri~fold card, couldn't find it, but wow how cute is your layout! I love all the colors and how you did your note to your son! I am going to have to keep this idea in mind! What an AWESOME tip for the letters~ I so struggle with that... so glad I couldn't find your card! I do have to say the card was absolutely gorgeous!
TFS

gham said...

Thanks for posting this tip on how to work with non-welded letters. This tip is going to really come in handy!
Hugs,
Gail

Best Wishes. Slim Card

 Last year I discovered new stamps and die from Diamond Press. I just love the ease of use of their stamps and dies. I love the variety and...