Thursday, March 31, 2011

Happy Birthday: Rosette

Made this one today for a family member's birthday. I wanted to use the Tim Holtz Rosette, but wanted a smaller one. Since I only have the original Rosette die, I stared playing with and and discovered that just by trimming it, I made the rosette smaller. Now I don't have to buy another die :)  The background lace paper is a cut from Cricut Paper Lace. This is a fun cartridge but I didn't want to deal with glue pens on the intricate pieces, so I just sprayed with my Elmer's adhesive.... worked like a charm.  Hope you are all having a great day. Now I have to clean my craft room. DH is working from home ( car issues.. long story) and he walked in there and said it was a total mess :(  ... off to work I go.






this is the rosette die trimmed. 


light color is the trimmed and dark one is the original..only a small trim.







3 comments:

~JulieH~ said...

Oh Nilda what a beautiful card and the colours are gorgeous
Hugs
Juliexx

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh GORGEOUS, Nilda! Good to know it can be trimmed. I was all set to by another die. (For once you SAVED me money. LOL) Never think of my spray adhesive either. Thanks for the tips. Your card is beautiful! xxD P.S. Elegant new blog background!

Deena said...

Nilda your card is beautiful! I have just started making the rosettes and love how you put in on your card!!

Best Wishes. Slim Card

 Last year I discovered new stamps and die from Diamond Press. I just love the ease of use of their stamps and dies. I love the variety and...