Thursday, June 23, 2011

Happy 4th : embedded embossing technique

Wow, I'm on a roll today.. 3rd posting.  I wanted to share a technique I came across on a card a while back. I'm sorry I don't recall the person's blog but she had a card made with Stampin Up punches and embossing folder. The technique is to adhere all your die cuts to the card and then emboss them in one pass with a detailed embossing folder.  Right away I thought cross stitch art when I saw it. I decided to try my own with Cricut die cuts. This one is the flag from Independence Day cart. I outlined it with twine since the background was white, it was getting lost.  I love how it looks like a cross stitch pattern. The embossing folder is a sizzix one called plaid.   I also stamped the sentiment prior to embossing.  Finished with a twine bow made with my bowdabra.



Close up of the embedded die cut. It almost looks stamped :)





Cricut : Independence Day
Sizzix: embossing folder Snowflake and Plaid set 
Twine
Mini Bowdabra
Studio G stamp. 





3 comments:

Raina said...

Hi Nilda, I love your cards! You are so talented! Thanks for the encouragement on the Cricut MB!

I'm now an official follower!

DonnaMundinger said...

Very cool technique, Nilda! Really love the twine, too. WOW I see I've been missing stuff. Gotta catch up! Miss you too! xxD

Anonymous said...

pretty card, love that twine bow :-)

Best Wishes. Slim Card

 Last year I discovered new stamps and die from Diamond Press. I just love the ease of use of their stamps and dies. I love the variety and...