Sunday, April 24, 2011

It's all about the Shoes

This one is for a Wizard of Oz fan in the family. The hardest part on this card was the ruby slippers. I tried so many different combinations of glitter, glue, embossing...etc so get the look I wanted. Finally settled on using my heat n'stick powder and then adding Martha Stewart fine glitter. I then went in and colored the shoe with my copic markers. Finished the bow on the shoe with a rhinestone and filled in with Stickles Glitz Ruby Slippers. I really like how they turned out.  Have a great day and thank you for visiting.









The stuff :

Stamps: Crafty Secrets Wizard of Oz SL40
Click the picture to go to their site 


SL40 Wizard of Oz


Cricut Cart: Elegant Edges for the frame 
Copic Markers : R27,R29..inside shoe C0and C1
Heat n Stick Stampin up Powder 
Martha Stewart garnet glitter
Stickles Glitz Ruby Slippers  
Basic Grey Rhinestones 
EK ribbon punch 
Pebbles chipboard scroll 

11 comments:

Maria said...

Great card love it :0)

~JulieH~ said...

Gorgeous card Nilda! Love those red glittery shoes and the paper weaving is lovely!
Hugs
Juliex

DonnaMundinger said...

Happy Easter, Nilda! LOVE this card! the gingham is just perfect and the shoes turned out soooo beautifully! LOVe the stamp set. Hmmm... xxD

yyam said...

Oh yes...it's all about the shoes! Love the sentiment and what a beautiful card! I love the bling and the glittered bits! :)

Magento Themes said...

This is nice card. These shoes are very beautiful and glittered.The stamp set is very nice.
This layout and design is very nice.
Thanks for this great card...

JenL said...

Beautiful card, I love the shoes.
I have chosen you to win a blog award. Please follow this link to pick it up: http://3catsandabug.blogspot.com/2011/05/versatile-blogger-award.html

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Nilda, I just adore your creations. This is a beautiful card. I also wanted to let you know that I have left a blog award for you on my blog. Cindy

MulticrafterAmy said...

Great card! Those shoes just make the card so cute!

Anonymous said...

Such a cute card!!! :-)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Nilda I have a Cricut award for you on my blog. Thanks for all your inspiration. http://cricutcraftingrammy.blogspot.com/

Karen S. said...

This is great! I love the paper you used (like Dorothy's dress!) and the shoes turned out perfectly!

Best Wishes. Slim Card

 Last year I discovered new stamps and die from Diamond Press. I just love the ease of use of their stamps and dies. I love the variety and...