Monday, March 21, 2011

wishing you happiness

I'm back from our mini vacation. Visiting the Dodger Spring Training facility was wonderful. The boys had so much fun. I will be posting some pictures later this week. I had some time to take along my Gypsy and design a card. This will be posted on the Cuttlebug Spot tomorrow.. can you guess what embellishment we are focusing on this week?  I hope you go visit and join the challenge... now for my card.

I love the die and stamp combos that various companies have such as Spellbinders with Just Rite stamps and Papertrey Ink's mat stack sets.... however I needed a larger die cut and stamp so I decided to make my own with Cricut and my Hero Arts background stamps.  Here is the final card and below is the tutorial on how to do this.






cut your cricut shapes with 1/4 frame on the outside
this was done on my Gypsy with 2 frames from 
Mother's Day 2010 cart 


use the outer piece as your mask and glue with removable glue on your cut 


Stamp with your background of choice and 
mast with any cut in the middle.. ovals look great too. 



Outline the mask outer edges and the middle mask with matching maker 






it will look like this 


here is another example 


supplies used  on my card 









2 comments:

Jannie said...

This is like you as cute as a button and very Dutch! hihihi, we cycle all around!
Love love love this idea!!

love
Jannie

DonnaMundinger said...

Great tut, Nilda! Love your card and the buttons on the bike are so cute! xxD

Best Wishes. Slim Card

 Last year I discovered new stamps and die from Diamond Press. I just love the ease of use of their stamps and dies. I love the variety and...