Monday, February 8, 2010

Altered mail box : embossed

Just a quick post this morning. I altered this mail box for our challenge this week at The Cuttlebug Spot. Lots of embossing on this one. I used my Fiskars heart plate to emboss the silver paper. I wanted to keep the metallic look of the box. I hope you enjoy. Have a great week. I will be posting another one tomorrow so make sure you come back to see that one.

If you are new to these boxes, they are sold at Target  for $1.00. Usually out by mid January, so when you see them get them before they are gone. The boxes make great for small gifts. I use them through out the year. Perfect for teacher gifts too.




Cuttlebug Love stamp embossing folder, Spellbinders flower
Birds on a wire Martha Stewart Punch and Cuttlebug embossing border (bottom).
Martha Stewart heart border punch with Ek Scroll punch  (top)



Martha Stewart Loopy heart punch 






6 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh this is so cute Nilda and I love the silver! Looks like I'll be on the lookout for some more border punches too! Beautiful! xxD

Live Love and Scrap said...

WOW WOW WOW>..that silver paper looks like metal!!! I love your mailboxes...great job =)

~JulieH~ said...

Oh my gosh Nilda this is fabulous! I love the foil paper it makes it look so rich and lots of gorgeous embossing! I love it!
Hugs
Juliexx

"Um Buggin" said...

Nilda, this is gorgeous!! I love the way you used the foil paper to emboss. And that postage stamp is just perfect. Love it girlfriend!

Hugz, xx

~L~

scrappin_mom3 said...

Nilda this is just darling! I love the silver on the mailbox, and wow talk about enabling with that MS punch!! You just put me over the edge and now I'm going to have to break down and buy it once I find it!

hugs,
Kerri

Nita's World Handmade said...

Oh Nilda, I love this!!!! I need to get a couple of mail boxes.

Best Wishes. Slim Card

 Last year I discovered new stamps and die from Diamond Press. I just love the ease of use of their stamps and dies. I love the variety and...