Saturday, April 17, 2010

First Communion Banner with Cricut


I have finally finished my son's First Communion banner. I have been working on this on and off for over a week. The hardest part was cutting his name with the heat n' bond. I had never cut fabric with my cricut so that was a learning experience. I wanted his name to be Felt material and that didn't work well for me. Maybe I need to try again some other day so I settled for fabric looks like shiny fabric.  I did manage to cut some thin foam with my deep blade for the Cup and Cross bottom layers to give it some dimension. The grape's top layer is also foam. I cut the top layer for the Cross and the Cup  with paper.  Everything is glued with foam and/or felt glue.  The trim is from a Spellbinders 12 inch border die. I wanted to add more, but my son thought it would look girly.... boys are too funny.  Thank you for visiting today.








The Stuff:

Cross : Easter Cricut Cart
Chalice/Goblet : My World Cricut Cart
Grapes : Preserves Cricut Cart 
Name font: Hanna Montana Cricut 
Border (top) Spellbinders grand borders 
Bottom Border : wave edge ruler 
Dowel and Dowel ends from Michaels and inked 





4 comments:

Margie on April 17, 2010 at 4:00 PM said...

WOW, Nilda! Give yourself a big pat on the back, girl!! This is BEAUTIFUL!!! All of your trial and errors and dedication to getting it just right paid off, big time! Boys ARE too funny! I could just see your son looking over your shoulder, making sure you didn't add anything to frilly or pink! LOL!

"Um Buggin" on April 17, 2010 at 6:31 PM said...

Oh Nilda, it came out just BEAUTIFUL! You should be very proud of yourself, you did an amazing job on it. I know how hard you worked, so glad that you found a medium to work with for the letters. I think it is perfect, and I know your son is very proud. Not girly at all, LOL!

Hugz, xx

~L~

First Communion Banners on June 1, 2010 at 7:18 PM said...

What an awesome work, cricuts really help a lot!

julie on April 16, 2011 at 3:14 PM said...

What did you use for the backing? It looks like felt over foam board.

Blog Archive

 

Paper Creations by Nilda Copyright © 2008 Green Scrapbook Diary Designed by SimplyWP | Made free by Scrapbooking Software | Bloggerized by Ipiet Notez