Thursday, June 12, 2008

Slider present gift card holdr





























I saw some gift card holders at vons that had a slider so I decided to try my hand at them. This is what I came up with. Here are the instructions

The box : cut from TBBM at 8 3/4 then trim straight to 3 inches by 4.

The Slider is made by taking a paper 12 x 4 and scoring at 6 inches. You then make 2 slits.. see pics . The slider is a butterfly shape. You then wrap it around the slits..You can now attach anything that you want to slide in and out of the box.

I chose the present from Celebrations. Cut at 6 inches 2 times glued together at the top only and score.. this creates the fold to lift up and insert your gift card. Glue present to the butterfly slide
Glue the entire slider piece to the back inside of the box so that when you pull the present it is steady.

The scalloped edge is made with Fiskars threading water punch and attached on the inner part of the box. Decorate your box to your desire. I hope the instructions are clear. This is my first so I tried to remember all the steps. Email me if you have any further questions or I missed a step.




























Sliding pieces.














Glue your present on the butterfly

1 comment:

craftaddict said...

Great idea, thanks for showing how you made the slider part.
eileenpaul

Best Wishes. Slim Card

 Last year I discovered new stamps and die from Diamond Press. I just love the ease of use of their stamps and dies. I love the variety and...